This program is designed to inspire teenagers to become active in volunteerism and philanthropy while educating them on the needs of youth in foster care and how they can individually and collectively make a difference in the lives of the kids we serve. Teens enrolled in the program will participate in different volunteer opportunities, learn more about how to make a change in their very own community, and be able to decide what programs to fund all while making lasting friendships with other youngsters.
- Enrollment is $50 per teen
- Each child will receive a T-shirt with enrollment
- Grades 6-12
- Registration Deadline is May 15, 2016
May 22, 2016 – 4 p.m. First meeting at the Partnerships for Children offices
- We will tour the Rainbow Room, learn about what Partnerships for Children does and complete a hands on project in the Rainbow Room.
- July – August 2016
- Teens will work together to collect school supplies and back to school clothing for teens. Once collected they will bring in items collected and sort them onto our Rainbow Room Shelves.
December 3, 2016 – Teens4Teens at Holiday Wishes
- Teens will sponsor gift drives for teens leading up to this date. Gifts will then be delivered to our Holiday Wishes warehouse, sorted and shelved for distribution.
- We will also discuss and plan our optional Spring fundraising activities and hand out promotional materials to support the teens’s efforts. Teens can choose to have a car wash, bake sale, dog wash, etc to raise money for Partnerships for Children. Fundraising efforts can take place any time between January-March.
March 2017 – Celebration for Children
- A celebration of our volunteerism and fundraising efforts! At this meeting, the teens will collectively decide which program they will fund with the money raised from their individual fundraisers and program enrollment fees. They will learn about the needs in our organization and vote on which program they feel is the most meaningful to them.